Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

It must be the Chambers in me.


I can bake!

Even though I am struggling with cooking real meals I know I can always go back to baking.

My mom’s side of the family (the Chambers) are all wonderful women with a serious knack for baking.

Almost all of my memories of my Grandma Clara are in the kitchen. Apple pies, rolls, cakes, snicker doodle cookies, homemade bread, and her cinnamon rolls.

 O h   m y   g o d.   

Those cinnamon rolls are legendary. And all from scratch.  That woman is great.

So last weekend I got in my head that I wanted to make soft pretzels from scratch.

Isaac was so supportive but cautioned me.  “Don’t be upset if they don’t turn out how you expect.”  He is seriously sweet.  But little did he know the Chambers’ baking gene passed right along to me.  


I followed this recipe.  

There is something so satisfying about taking flour and water and yeast and actually making something out of it.


It’s soothing.

Anyway, they turned out great.  As soon as I sat them in front of Isaac he ate two.  Other guys from all around the house found there way down following that intoxicating smell of fresh out of the oven bread.  

Here are some of the pictures of the finished product.




Y U M.

No comments:

Post a Comment