Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Macaroon Me Madly


So I went to New York.  
And L O V E D it.

I went during a trip to visit my family in New Jersey.

My Aunt Mary and I decided that we needed some girl time and booked a hotel in Midtown for two whole nights! Bliss!  I will do more posts about the entire trip but for now…

Macaroons.

Since my last trip to visit NJ in October my Aunt Mary has been talking about her obsession with Ladurée macaroons. 

We knew we HAD to go while we were in New York.

We took a cab from our hotel in Midtown to Ladurée just for the tiny pastries.  We meant business.  


I took a plenty pictures but I feel like I could have easily filled my memory card in that shop haven.


They are devastatingly French and flown in daily from Paris to the most beautiful shop on the Upper East Side.

The whole shop makes you feel as if you’ve been transported to Paris (one of my favorite cities) as the employees greet you with perfect Parisian accents.

So maybe I’m a bit obsessed now too.


Either way these macaroons are pricey but worth every penny.  
A true indulgence.


I tried two raspberry, two lemon, one salted caramel, and one vanilla.
Raspberry was to D I E for.  
All delicious… but raspberry… yum.


I chose the beautiful pale pink box, which was just as charming and lovely as the entire experience.


It has found a happy home on my desk.

When I got back home to Utah I immediately painted my nails one of my favorite and oh so fitting colors:  L'Oréal’s Macaroon Me Madly. 


I just had to.

Anyway that is my story of Ladurée.

Take me back.

1 comment:

  1. I had a layover in Paris two days ago, and this store was at the airport! I thought of you immediately!

    ReplyDelete